Flyers advetising the church were distributed from door-to-door before the first meeting in September 1954.
The first meeting of Holy Cross was held at Housman Elementary School on September 12, 1954. Fifty-four persons attended, representing fifteen families. In 1987, some of the original 54 were still members of the church.
Ira Dahl was the first lay person to be president of Holy Cross.
The old house on the Telge property was restored by the Leaguers as their first youth house. Their parents reported that the Leaguers painted each other also.
Harry Brinkley built and installed the cabinets in the Guild Room Kitchen.
The first lawn was planted in plots, watered and cared for by individuial families. Later, this became the responsibility of the Garden Club Circle.
A Night Circle published the News and Views after their Bible study and did all the gathering of information, typing, running off and addresssing in one evening.